Alright, you’re thinking of migrating to Canada and that’s why you’re here. Well, there are quite a lot of things you need to know before applying for a Canada Visa. Firstly, you have to check your eligibility, and secondly, you should know that Canada does not offer any visa lottery.
This article details everything you should know about immigrating to Canada. It is not obvious that Canada is the dream country of most immigrants. The country offers so many good opportunities to immigrants, and it’s safe for everyone.
Canada offers different types of visas, and there are different programs you can register with to check your eligibility for a Canadian Visa.
How To Check Your Eligibility For Canadian Visa
To check if you’re eligible for a Canada visa, you’re expected to go through an assessment test. This test is to validate that you’re eligible for a particular Canadian visa.
Note: There are many types of Canadian visas, and they all require different documents to meet the eligibility.
This assessment test is provided by Canadavisa.com and it is for “General Immigrants,” “Business Immigrants,” and “Families.” Check your eligibility here.
Depending on the type of assessment option you chose, the options to fill are different. Interestingly, it doesn’t take more than 2 minutes to complete this assessment test.
However, generally, to qualify for a Canadian visa, you must meet these criteria:
- You must show proof of your finance; you’re expected to have as many funds to sustain you throughout your stay in the country.
- You must not be a security or health risk.
- More so, you should be able to convince the immigration officers that you’d honor your obligations.
- If you’ve been previously banned from entering Canada, you’re not eligible.
Requirements For Canadian Visa
The requirements differ based on the type you’re applying for. However, hereunder is a list of the general requirements for a Canadian visa.
- Two recent passport photographs (must adhere to IRCC recommendation and size)
- A valid copy of your national passport
- You’ll need to fill and complete the VFS consent form.
- A verifiable proof of your finance
- Proficiency in English or French language
- Processing fee receipt
- Medical history report from a reputable clinic or hospital
- Your invitation letter with clear details regarding your purpose for coming to Canada. This is for those applying for a “Visitors” visa.
- A self-addressed return courier envelope
- Proof of ties to your home country
- You may need to pass a biometrics verification too
How To Apply For Canada Visa?
It’s quite easy and simple; simply visit the official IRCC website and follow the application process. However, it is important to note that Canada visa application does not have any specific timeframe when it should be approved.
Important Note: Do not pay anyone to fast-track your Canada visa application. There is no such like that; it’s pure SCAM. Just apply from the IRCC website and wait for an email that would instruct you on the next steps to take.
We wish you good luck with your visa application. Kindly share this post with friends on social media. Have a great day ahead.