The Incredible Health Benefits of Salted Ice Cream


Salted ice cream is a delectable frozen dessert that combines the best of both worlds—creamy sweetness with a hint of salty pleasure. Its lovely pale blue or turquoise hue is suggestive of ocean waves, which was obtained by adding a few drops of blue food coloring during the cooking procedure. Of course, the color is simply cosmetic and may be omitted if you want a more natural appearance.

Here’s an easy and tasty ice cream maker recipe for homemade sea salt ice cream.:

Ingredients for Salted Ice Cream:

  • 2 gallons thick cream
  • 1-quart whole milk
  • 4 big egg yolks and 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt (adjust to taste)
  • Optional: Blue food coloring (for the classic hue of sea salt ice cream)


  1. Combine the heavy cream, whole milk, and sea salt in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil. Take the pan off the heat.
  2. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolks in a separate basin until thoroughly blended.
  3. While whisking continually, slowly add a small quantity of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolk mixture. This tempers the eggs and keeps them from curdling.
  4. Pour the tempered egg yolk mixture back into the pot with the remaining cream mixture, while stirring.
  5. Return the pot to medium heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. This should just take 5-7 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
  6. Take away from the heat and combine with vanilla essence. To create the characteristic sea salt ice cream tint, add a few drops of blue food coloring.
  7. Set aside to cool to room temperature. Then, cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight to properly chill.
  8. When the liquid has chilled, pour it into an ice cream machine and churn it according to the manufacturer’s directions until it achieves a soft-serve consistency.
  9. Freeze the churning ice cream in a covered container for at least 4 hours, or until hard.
  10. Serve your handmade sea salt ice cream in bowls or cones and revel in its creamy, salty-sweet bliss!
  11. Don’t be afraid to be creative with your sea salt ice cream and add extra indulgences like chocolate chips, caramel swirls, or crumbled cookies.

Health Advantages of Salted Ice Cream

Let’s take a look at some of the unexpected health advantages.

Vitamins and minerals present

The main component of ice cream is milk. Milk and milk products include a balanced combination of protein, fat, and carbs, as well as calcium, riboflavin, phosphorus, and vitamins A and B12. When you include the components needed to make the flavors, you frequently add extra nutrients!

Calcium contributes to bone strength

Most of us are aware that calcium is beneficial to our bones. Did you know that the recommended daily calcium intake for people is 700mg? Calcium makes up 1-2% of adult body weight, with 99% of that stored in our bones (the remaining 1% in our blood). Calcium is abundant in milk and milk products (including ice cream), as well as green leafy vegetables and almonds. In addition to calcium, vitamin D is required for absorption. The sun’s impact on our skin provides the majority of our vitamin D. What better reason is there to have ice cream on a hot summer day?

Salted Ice Cream provides energy

It’s true that ice cream has a lot of sugar, and sugar contains glucose, a critical ingredient that fills our bodies with quick energy. Sugar has a terrible image, but the fact is that a little sugar isn’t that awful.

It definitely makes you happy

Ice cream is well-recognized for providing a pick-me-up when we need it. We’ve all seen movies in which someone comforts himself with a container of ice cream. But did you realize that this is really supported by science? Ice cream promotes the production of serotonin, a feel-good hormone. Neuroscientists at London’s Institute of Psychiatry analyzed the brains of persons eating vanilla ice cream and discovered that a tablespoon activates the same pleasure center in the brain as winning money or listening to music!

Leave a Reply